Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Expats Reunited

For all its frustrations, the Megabus is pretty useful for getting around these tiny states. In three hours, with terrible traffic, I rode the bus through Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland to reunite in DC with my dear college friends Laura and Toni. 

Laura, with two years of local DC knowledge and unmatched hostess skills, treated us to a weekend of leisure. We had brunch and walked through farmers' and flea markets. The only monument we made a point to see was the brand new and frankly tear-jerking MLK memorial, where I helped myself to this precious family's photo.


We also made dinner in Laura and Beau's swanky Columbia Heights apartment. 


We had meaningful conversations about life and love and jobs and Mad Men and KU football.


And reflected on our years living at Chi O, of course.


We've come a long way.


Thanks a million, Lada. I can't wait to host you two in Philly and visit Toni in the Berkshires. Get your bus ticket.



With love.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, Whit! You're too sweet. And I love that you included a pic from Shotgun Wedding, not to mention the last one. We're very youthful for our 25 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I'm glad you guys got to see each other. I hope that at some point I can make it out that way!

    ReplyDelete