Monday, August 15, 2011

Ten things, four days

1. Helped my baby sister, who's not actually a baby at all (wah!), move into the Chi O house for her sophomore year of college. She and Mary will be just fine.

Hi, Susan! Thanks for reading.
2. Thought a lot about this photo, which is one of my all-time favorites of her. Lindsey and Dad looking cute, while Kelsey and I are back there getting stung by jellyfish. Just kidding...but seriously.


3. Cleaned out my closet. My bedroom here is a preserved high school relic. It's embarrassing the things I've hoarded in there. No photo. Take my word: I discarded a few platform wedge dress shoes.

4. Had dinner with four of my closest high school girlfriends. All four are married with children. It's a wonder why I feel like an old maid at 25.


5. Rode my bike to Buhler and back with my parents. 28 miles! They do this kind of thing sometimes, and I had to prove I could do it too. I'm proud of them. And proud of me too.


6. Drove on Highway 39 and did not total my car. Back in the saddle.

7. Saw the incredible Emilie marry her beloved Sethers in a stunning Catholic wedding.


8. Ate fried green beans at Chanute's finest vintage sports bar with these hooligans.




9. Did choreographed dance to Hanson, in true camp staff fashion; boycotted AC/DC in defiance of air guitar, the most worn-out dance move ever.


10. Said TTFN to Westminster Woods.

Home sweet transition.




With love.

3 comments:

  1. 28 Miles!?!?! Go Eriksens! Congrats Emily. I prefer air drums. Love Miss in the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jim! also, that dang bustle! that dress was hotttt! (ps hi from FLORIDA!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. first, love lindsey...and her creepy face in that pic. second, GO CRUSADERS! :) third, this joyful blog made me feel so sad. saying goodbye is no fun. good luck on your future adventure, whit!

    ReplyDelete