Friday, December 23, 2011

Home for the holidays (hooray!)

I was awoken very early this morning by some bird or unthinkable city varmint screeching outside my window, and I am too excited to go back to sleep. It feels like Christmas morning when Kelsey and I would wake up at 4 (and then wake up Lindsey) and have to kill time until Mom and Dad let us wake them at 6 to open presents. Instead of doing puzzles like we did back then, I have enjoyed digging up old photos.

In four hours, Kelsey and I will board a plane; in nine hours, Ken will pick us up from the Kansas City airport; in 11 hours, we will meet Dad and Lindsey in Junction City; and in 13 hours, we will be home!

1991
1993
1994
2010
I love this time of year and I love being home, where the only changes to tradition are worsened vision, improved hairstyles and Baby Sister has gotten slightly less sassy. (Although I also wouldn't mind sleeping past 4.)

Merry Christmas!


With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment