Sunday, June 10, 2012

Urban Garden: Part(y) Two


This patio is to summer as my bed was to winter. This spot has become the black hole that sucks in Kelsey and me and turns some of our best social intentions into hermit crab dreams. During the cold months, the line went something like this: 'I guess we could go to that concert...or we could stay home and watch Parenthood.' Now it sounds like this: 'I just want to drink a beer on the patio tonight.'


And who wouldn't? Look at all this beautiful foliage. At the very least, we can rest assured that we Kelsey put a lot of work into it. Summer lazing is in order.


These are the first fruits. Look at the tiny cucumber! And the tiny purple bell!

Anyone else awed by this? These plants are growing and producing edible vegetables.


Perhaps I'm most astonished by my sister's blessed green thumb because I, too, have planted, diligently watered and fully loved some flowers on my own plot of land....


Until those probably-weeds turn into sunflowers, I think I'll stick to succulents. And beer on the patio. 

Next week: an actual garden party!


With love.

1 comment:

  1. It is looking Great. I'll give it my personal inspection/taste test July 3rd.

    ReplyDelete