Monday, April 9, 2012

Of Montreal

As much as I like this little blog of mine, quality time with visitors (and sleep) will always win out. I'm not sure if it was encouragement or justification I felt listening to this wonderful TED Talk last night, in which Susan says that 'solitude is a vital ingredient in creativity.' All I'm saying is there is probably a correlation between more guests and less writing. So I am using this period of solitude as my parents, grandparents and Linds fly out, and Ken flies in, to post a photographic retrospective of the last time he was here, about a month ago, when we drove to Montreal, Quebec.


We convinced customs that we weren't fugitives in Kelsey's VW Rabbit.


We marveled that we could drive nine hours and end up in this lovely French city.



We took many photos.



We ate crepes and dumplings and poutine and everything bagels.





We hiked up a treacherously icy slope to get a better view. And then slid back down.



We visited this Biosphere, without really knowing why it's there.


We drove home in time for dinner...cheesesteaks.




With love.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to go there!

    ReplyDelete