Monday, April 30, 2012

masala sweet potato scramble

Tomorrow is May Day (what?! how?!) and I'm feeling re-energized, re-inspired and re-motivated. This could be the result of having Monday off from work. It could be that Kelsey is back from her week of Kansas wedding planning and we can watch Parenthood again. It could be the Good Lord's undeserved mercy. It could be because the bike trail looks like this again (also see previous example):



To celebrate all this goodness, I bring you the latest in a series called: Combine Things that Taste Good to You and Call It Breakfast (or lunch/dinner/apps 'n' taps). As always, the trick is to be as daring as you can. The more random and unexpected the ingredients, the better.

You know what else is random? I now have a bunch of friends that went to the University of Delaware. How 'bout that.


For me, culinary creativity and courage comes most easily when I have very few ingredients to work with. If you keep some key things (like sweet potatoes) on hand at all times, it is easy to scrounge up the rest. Here is what I pulled from the fridge this morning:




Why not eat leftover masala chickpeas for breakfast, I ask you? This stuff is the bee's knees.

Now go forth with boldness. Tonight, black bean burgers. Look out! 

(Disclaimer: All images in this post were lovingly edited in Instagram, which is a bit inconsistent with color but arguably the laziest? cleverest way to turn camera phone pics into photography.)



With love.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, that's a sweet potato. And the eggs look particularly photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you instagram! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that duck and duckling picture. That could be framed in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! I just love (and miss) you!!!

    ReplyDelete