Thursday, February 9, 2012

Birthday Week (and dumplings)

I guess, technically, it's over. I held on as long as I could, but the holiday season (culminating with my birthday) came and went, and here I am 26 years old and it's suddenly just winter. It snowed here yesterday, in case I needed the reminder.

Instead of dwelling on the present, however, I choose to celebrate the past couple weeks and relive them again here. Because the past couple weeks represent how absolutely vibrant my life is right now. That's how it feels: colorful and exciting. I've sung the praises of my incredible family already, so let's shift our focus to this guy. The one with the hip tie and the handsome jawline.


Much of the Kansas portion of my birthday week was spent with him, including an afternoon with his adorable, loving, hilarious family. And I learned how to make dumplings.



Please take a second to notice the difference between those photos if you didn't already.


We talked about Taiwan and Philly. I wowed everyone with my chopstick skills (perfected during countless dinners at Zen Zero). Ken took photos (thank you).


Max even kept my feet warm. True hospitality.


After I ate about a hundred of these...


We shared some delicious red velvet birthday cake, and I bonded with this precious little spitfire over shared naptime and Barbie. There are no words to describe how delightful she is. Just this:


Thanks for letting me relive that. Days like these are why I know God loves me.



With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment